realtime size update no double

Steps causing the bug to occur

1. I am using the “Requested Frame” Signal of a “Render Layers to Window” to update a Oval Layer
  2. changing e.g. the width of the object by double clicking the width input and changing the value
  3. the width changes, but only with full integer jumps. the fractions of the value is lost. (value 2.0 shows width 2.0, value 1.9 shows value 1.0, value 0.9 shows value 0.0, etc.)
  4. when accepting the value by pressing enter or clicking on the canvas, the value gets updated with the correct value (a fraction)

How did the result differ from what you expected?

when entering a value in the input field it also should get passed down the cables as the correct type.

When did you first notice this bug?

by playing around. still new to vuo…

Have you found a workaround?

not really crutial

Other notes

• Vuo version: 1.0.0
  • macOS version: OS X 10.9

i am very new to vuo, sorry if this is a known issue. but could not find any hint in the forum or the bug reports.

vuo_value_1.png

vuo_value_2.png

vuo_value_3.png

@inx, thanks for explaining the problem and making sure it hadn’t already been reported.

In Vuo 1.0 (and earlier, I guess), there was a problem with numerical input editors when the comma was used as decimal point. If you double-clicked on the Width input to open the input editor, then clicked the little arrow buttons to change the value, the composition wouldn’t update correctly for decimal numbers. That sounds like the same problem you’re having.

Good news — that bug was fixed in Vuo 1.1.