Slight lag when browsing finder folders containing Vuo comps

Steps causing the bug to occur

1. Browse my finder
  2. Navigate to folder(s) containing Vuo compositions
  3. Slight lag / jump when navigating using my keyboard arrows

Other notes

• Vuo version: 2.0.0-beta3
  • macOS version: macOS 10.13

It might be a bit hard to see, but note how as I browse my finder I can super quickly move up and down, and in and out folders. As soon as I enter a folder that contains Vuo comps there is a slight delay or lag (shown from around 10s in the attached video)

The Compositions folder (containing 1.0 comps) and the Tutorials folder have .vuo files in the root and lag slightly when navigating the finder with the arrows keys.

See video here.

Joëlle,

Vuo just creates the files and tells Finder to use its icon for them. Perhaps it’s related to the number of files in that folder? We also noticed that the Dropbox green checkmarks sometimes appear slightly later than the filenames themselves, so maybe Dropbox’s Finder integration is slowing the process down? Perhaps try temporarily disabling that to see if it speeds up Finder (Uncheck System Preferences > Extensions > Dropbox Finder Extensions)?

Thanks @jmcc! Actually less files in the folder speeds it up, disabling the Dropbox extension didn’t make a difference but I’ll start using more nested folders which will help. Tnx!

Glad it worked. Closing this bug report.