Steps causing the bug to occur
- Make image generator comp
- Add a Fire Periodically to it
- Test that its working as a ‘running composition’
- Go to export movie
- Render out movie - Fire Periodically either works slower than expected, not at all, or extremely fast
Have you found a workaround?
Yup, using “time” and calculate node: floor(time/timer_seconds) connected to event changed node.
- Vuo version: 1.2.1
- macOS version: OS X 10.9
- How severely does this bug affect you? It’s annoying but I can work around it.
fireperiodicallymovieexportbug.vuo (2.98 KB)
As @jersmi pointed out on How to Fire Periodically in an Image Generator?, that’s expected behavior. When you export a movie, Vuo renders frames as fast as it can, not in real time. Whereas
Fire Periodically fires in real time.
Your workaround is an appropriate way to get periodic events into a movie export.
Can this be mentioned in the Vuo side bar? Something like: “Node does not work when exporting movie”. Should I make a feature request for that?
@alexmitchellmus, good idea. No need for you to create a feature request. We’ll try to fit this into Vuo 1.3.