The parametric grid does not display

Steps causing the bug to occur

1. Opening the MakeSmoothTerrain.vuo
  2. Run
  3. Nothing is diplayed

I tried to create my own composition with the parametric grid. It still did not work.

Have you found a workaround?

No.

Other notes

• Vuo version: 1.2.1
  • macOS version: OS X 10.11
  • How severely does this bug affect you? It prevents me from completing a specific task with Vuo.

I had this bug since the first time I used Vuo.
I first tried it with a OS 10.10 on a demo version.
I bought the 1.2.1 version of vuo thinking it might have been a demo problem.
As it didn’t work with the bought version and I couldn’t find any other people reporting the same issue, I upgraded my OS to the 10.11.
Still doesn’t work.
Here’s my computer spec :
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)
Processor 2,4 intel core i5
Memory : 8go 1600mHz DDR3
Graphic : intel iris 1536MB

Somebody reported a similar problem with an Intel Iris GPU for one the Vuo 1.2 alpha versions, and it turned out to be related to the new multisampling (antialiasing) added in Vuo 1.2. Maybe the problem didn’t get fixed for all Intel Iris GPUs.

@Doro, could you try a couple things to help us figure out if it’s the same problem?

One is to try disabling multisampling and see if that fixes the problem:

1. Open the Terminal application.
  2. Paste this command into Terminal — defaults write org.vuo.Editor multisample -int 0 — and hit Return.
  3. Run the composition and see if it works.
  4. Paste this command into Terminal — defaults delete org.vuo.Editor multisample — and hit Return.

The other is to enable debug logging and see if the output gives any clues about the problem:

1. Go back to the Terminal application.
  2. Paste this command into Terminal — defaults write org.vuo.Editor debug -boolean true — and hit Return.
  3. Run the composition. Open the Console application, find any log messages related to Vuo, and post them on this bug report.
  4. Paste this command into Terminal — defaults delete org.vuo.Editor debug — and hit Return.

Thanks for taking the time to report his bug. Until it’s fixed, a workaround might be to use Vuo 1.1.

Hi Jaymie,

I tried the first option and it works perfectly.
Thanks a lot for your support!

@Doro — So disabling multisampling fixed it? Good.

Could you also enable debug logging and post the output here? We need to see a specific piece of the output (your GPU’s identifier) to permanently fix this, so that you and others won’t have to manually disable multisampling in the future.

Hi, @Doro. Will you be able to post your GPU’s identifier, as I mentioned above, so that we can fix the bug for other folks with the same GPU?

We found a list of GPU driver identifiers online, and are guessing that this one might be “Intel Iris OpenGL Engine”. (Currently, Vuo only handles “Intel Iris Pro OpenGL Engine”.) Scheduled for work.

Fixed in Vuo 1.2.2.