Time from both display refresh and timestamp from video cause thread-split

Steps causing the bug to occur

This is a fun one!

1. Use timestamp from receive live video to trigger storing frames/images to video
  2. Use smoothing timed by display refresh to trigger a finalize event based on nonzero condition (became false)
  3. Nonprofit. (or thread-split and confused computer)

Have you found a workaround?

Use same time-source for both smoothing and storing frames/images to video.

Other notes

• Vuo version: 2.2.1
  • macOS version: macOS 10.15
  • How severely does this bug affect you? Not much; I’m just letting you know about it.

I can e-mail you the composition if needed. Probably a fringe case, and also probably a pita to code a prevention for (although maybe something like the loop error when you don’t use a hold node could work?).

I can e-mail you the composition if needed.

Yeah, that would be helpful, thanks. So far we haven’t been able to reproduce the problem.

@MartinusMagneson, thanks for emailing me your composition. I was able to reproduce the problem (a crash) with the attached simplified composition. The problem has to do with finalizing a movie and starting another one. I think the crash happens if, after finalizing the movie and changing the URL, Save Image gets its next event before the node has finished saving the movie. We’ll investigate further and get this fixed in a future release.

SaveImagesToMovieTest.vuo (2.66 KB)

1 Like

Thanks! :)