tweet

After some hours testing github codes supposed to allow tweeting via CLI, and having no luck due to twitter API changes (i suppose)… do anyone have some experience in how I could tweet from command line? So that I could call it from an Execute Shell Vuo node? Or, do you have any other alternative strategy to obtain that?
regards
michele

From a quick search for “tweet command line” I see various tools, including one from Twitter, that you can install to get a command-line interface to Twitter. However, I don’t know if any of them still work given that Twitter is going around shutting off apps that use their API. I haven’t actually tried any of these tools so I wouldn’t be able to recommend one over another. I would just suggest testing the tool in Terminal first, before trying it in Vuo.

(Sorry for the late reply — I try to reply to most questions but overlooked this one.)

Thanks. The issue I met is exactly the one you cite: probably twitter dropped the support to thirdy part interfaces; in fact all CLI tools I tested miserably failed. I ended with Vuo generating a file containing the text to be tweeted, an external script continuously checking for that file; when it exist, invoking an applescript that through keystroking make use of the macos Twitter app to publish it. Just for reference for ones facing a similar task.

3 Likes