undo manager causes editor corruption

Steps causing the bug to occur

1. use undo manager in VUO editor
  2. when ports convert types or reconfigure connections, aberrant results then occur

Have you found a workaround?

No.

Other notes

• Vuo version: 2.3.2
  • macOS version: macOS
  • How severely does this bug affect you? It prevents me from using Vuo at all.

When this bug occurs, you cannot use VUO, and have to restart.

I remember a very similar bug in the undo manager of EFLaceView.

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 1.00.41 AM.jpg

@George_Toledo,

Can you please provide a copy of the composition, and the step(s) that led to the problem?

This is the file (mouse warp_glitch.vuo) after that glitch…I thought I had left it as is without changing anything, but opening now, I am unsure.

However, I was just able to do this again (mouse warp_glitch_redux.vuo) by repeating the steps outlined in the original post.

Essentially, it boils down to, keep attaching outputs of Receive Mouse status to Add, have the input port to add reconfigure a couple/few times. Then try to make connections with Check Mouse Status. Use undo manager. Try new connections, delete noodles. On delete noodle, something seems to go awry and the rendering of the port appears with a number, but dark grey, or sometimes blank. On new connection, the “showstopper” glitch will occur.

This thought may be totally off base, but I would double check what info is being held in the undo manager, because it seems as though maybe some aspect of the port reconfig or noodle connections isn’t held in the history.  

mouse warp_glitch.vuo (6.88 KB)

mouse warp_glitch_redux.vuo (6.88 KB)

btw, I could consider doing a quicktime screengrab movie of using the editor until the glitch occurs if it ends up being difficult for the team to reproduce given the info provided…

In fact, I see I could make a clip that is uploadable size, so here you go.

In the screengrabs I provided earlier, I didn’t “move” any nodes on the editor, as I happened to in this vid after I saw the broken connection. I just wanted to double check that it was in fact a “noodle to nowhere” as I had been experiencing.

I think this should be closed…or left open for a bit, then closed. I can’t seem to reproduce it in 2.3.2, so that’s great. Sorry for the mixup with having the older editor.

Not a bug in Vuo 2.3.2.