Voronoi cells (Shadertoy to screensaver)

Based on a Shadertoy shader (“Mathematically correct Voronoi cell interior distances and hence correct cell borders”) by Inigo Quilez.

Thanks to @Bodysoulspirit for the idea of turning Shadertoys into screensavers.

Here’s the screensaver created from the composition using Vuo 2.0 (under development): Voronoi - distances screensaver.zip (3.72 MB)

Voronoi - distances.vuo (6.55 KB)

Voronoi - distances.jpg

3 Likes

Cool ;) Inigo Quilez is really talented.

Actually I never realized Screensavers had to be code signed like apps until I shared one of the other Shadertoy based screensavers you recently exported for me with someone. Strangely enough on my machine I did not get the “This is from an unidentified developper” thing when installing those other Shadertoy screensavers nor am I getting it with this one.
Strange thing is my iMac is still on macOS 10.11 and the other person’s too, although the person did get the message. Could it have something to do with the fact I have Vuo installed ? Or maybe I’m wrong and the person is just running a more recent macOS version.

I have googled and found some articles about how to code sign unsigned apps, but nothing really about screensavers (Code-sign command-line article A or Code-sign command-line article B

• Would there be such a method that would work with screensavers too ? I don’t have a signature but if there was a hack or once Vuo will be able to code sign apps & screensavers I would wanna get me one.

• Would Code Sign exported apps also allow code signing the screensavers or should it be a different feature request ?

It depends on your macOS version and Gatekeeper settings. If you can’t install the screensaver by double-clicking on it, you should be able to right-click on it and pick Open. Then macOS warns about the unidentified developer but gives you the option to open it.

Yes, the feature request for code signing exported apps can cover screensavers, too. I’ll make a note on it.

1 Like