Vuo crashes on launch

Steps causing the bug to occur

1. Open Vuo2 application
  2. Vuo launch screen appears
  3. Vuo quits unexpectedly

Have you found a workaround?

Hi I edited this bug report because it’s apparently due to bad module(s) in the user/library/applicationsupport/vuo/modules folder. I removed that folder and it opens ok. So… I guess the thing would be to modify the next version of Vuo so that it doesn’t crash but instead blocks the bad nodes and gives a useful error message.

Other notes

• Vuo version: 2.1.2
  • macOS version: OS X 10.11
  • How severely does this bug affect you? It prevents me from using Vuo at all.

I thought it might be that there is one or two bad nodes, but unfortunately it’s more complicated than that, sometimes it will load and othertimes it won’t. Seems like it onlly consistently loads when there is nothing in that folder.

If it constantly loads when nothing is in the folder, could be a specific node though.

Have you tried emptying the folder and only add the nodes one by one to try to isolate the problematic one(s) ?

If you launch the macos console before starting Vuo and filter with “vuo” in the top right corner, it should display why it crashes and the offending node as well iirc.

@video_piglet Thanks for reporting this bug and providing the crash report. We looked at the crash report and it gives some clues, but not enough to solve the problem. Would it be possible for you to upload the ISF modules that you had installed? The crash report mentions the ones below. If you had others installed, those might be helpful, too.

• st_Ms2SD1.fs.fs
  • wowowowowowow.fs
  • isf.anothergridthingy
  • isf.anotherspheriodfractalthing
  • isf.badTv
  • isf.bitstreamer
  • isf.brokenLcd
  • isf.cgaColorspace
  • isf.candywarp
  • isf.colordiffusionflow
  • isf.cosmiccog2
  • isf.dimensionmorphingtopography

videopiglet,

If you can provide any info that would help with troubleshooting (see the comment above), let us know and we’ll reopen the bug report.