Vuo Locks after time being unused

Steps causing the bug to occur

1. Left open for a certain period of time (5-10 mins) not running
  2. Come back and hit run, it appears to be working (e.g. the run button is grey not spinning)
  3. The composition window never appears
  4. Hit Stop and the stop button starts spinning but never turns grey, the apple spinning cursor appears after a few.
  5. Have to force quit as it never fully crashes so I don’t have a crash report

How did the result differ from what you expected?

I thought it would run the composition :)

When did you first notice this bug?

Couple of days ago.

Other notes

• Vuo version: 0.5.6
  • macOS version: OS X 10.9

OSCTest3.vuo (8.4 KB)

Thanks for the submission architek1. I haven’t been able to recreate this yet. Can you upload the composition you’re working with? Or does this happen with all compositions? Also, are you aware of any other consistencies involved (like your computer going to sleep, or opening up other specific programs) ? Thanks.  

Uploaded composition. Not sure if my computer goes to sleep but I will pay attention next time. There are other programs open as it receiving OSC messages from Iannix or Leap Motion using GecoMidi.

Thanks for the composition, @architek. I was just able to recreate this by closing my macbook for a while. I think we have what we need here. We hope to fix this soon. Thanks again.

Hey @architek,

We’re hoping this issue is fixed with the latest release. Are you able to reproduce this bug? If so, could you please submit a “Sample Process” using the application Activity Monitor (built in for mac) when Vuo locks up. Thanks again for your helpful work!

After leaving a composition open overnight and hitting run this morning, happy to report ll is working with no crashes :)

After leaving a composition open overnight and hitting run this morning. All is working with no crashes :)

Excellent! Thanks for your help, @architek1.