Xcode example for non-VuoPluginApp

Hey all.

I’ve tried off and on for a while trying to get Xcode to compile using the framework without success. Is there anyone that has a simple (or other) Xcode project they could share to help me understand how to set it up and what I’m doing wrong? I’ve compiled a few iPhone and Mac apps thru Xcode in the past so I’m not a complete novice at it. Just looking for some direction.

Ideally, my plan is to make an app that has a control window and a display window. Eventually, I’d like to take my Vuo UI elements and convert them into published ports as to redesign the UI in Xcode. But for the moment, it would be a big help to actually just get my composition to just compile in Xcode, so any example of this would be greatly appreciated.(at one point a couple years back, after having no success, I DL’d QT and tried to get off the ground that way but ran into different issues, but it was so long ago that I honestly don’t remember what those issues were.)

thanks for any help!

Sean

Why not VuoPluginApp? Or is there something you’re looking to see demonstrated that isn’t covered by that example?

The VuoPluginApp example provided with the Vuo SDK is about the simplest possible example of compiling and running a Vuo composition from within a Cocoa app.

The API documentation on developing applications that use Vuo might also help, since it lists the steps for setting up an Xcode project.

well, hmm.

I want to expose selecting a video input selection in the UI, like choosing btwn built in FaceTime camera, or a usb capture device. …

at the moment/in the mean time, I’ve been trying to get the VuoPluginApp (modified with a receive video node) to refresh/display live video but I haven’t been able to figure out how to get it to auto refresh, right now it only updates the camera feed when I click one of the UI elements.

Also when running the vanilla example, the generic app icon appears in the dock but it disappears from the dock once fully loaded and the main menu never appears. It almost runs like a background process.

So I thought I’d try working with the full framework but could never get anything to compile. So thought a working example would help me figure out what I was doing wrong.

The Vuo plug-in app requires a time input. The example has the time tied to the ui slider. So when you move the slider you should see the action of the filter. That’s why it is only updating when you use the ui slider. Try making a timer and feed that to the image filter in the update image function and it should refresh your video.  

2 Likes