Save Frames to Movie not working in Vuo 2.4.3

None of my videos are saving when I use “Save Frames to Movie” in Vuo 2.4.3.

I opened the identical .vuo file in Vuo 2.4.1 and my videos save, as expected.

Steps to reproduce the bug

I downloaded the example SaveProcessedMovie and it also did not work in 2.4.3, but saves as expected in 2.4.1.

I lost an entire community art making workshop that I was leading a few weeks ago where I needed the video to create augmented reality animations for a public art piece that will be installed next year. The entire workshop’s video was lost because I updated Vuo this computer.

Have you found a workaround?

Use Vuo 2.4.1

Other notes

• Vuo version: 2.4.3
  • macOS version: OS 12.2.1
  • Mac model and CPU: Macbook Pro (16-inch, 2019); 2.4GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 64GB Memory; AMD Radeon Pro 5599M 8 GB
  • Have you been able to reproduce the bug? Yes
  • How severely does this bug affect you? I cannot use Vuo as intended if I am using 2.4.3, as I always need the saved video files. I will use 2.4.1 until the bug is fixed. I purposefully haven’t been updating my OS so that Vuo would be less likely to not work when I need it to, but that strategy obviously failed when I updated Vuo itself.

@lhepner, I’m sorry that the bug in Save Frames to Movie led to your workshop’s video being lost.

We confirmed that the bug started in Vuo 2.4.3, and have identified the cause. The Save Frames to Movie and Save Images to Movie node fail to write the movie in the case where the file doesn’t already exist.

As you mentioned, a workaround is to use Vuo 2.4.1. Or Vuo 2.4.2 is also OK. Or with Vuo 2.4.3 you could try the workaround in SaveProcessedMovie-workaround.vuo (6.0 KB). We’ll fix this bug in the next release. Again, apologies for your lost data.

1 Like

This bug is fixed in Vuo 2.4.4.